Exiles Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiles Discussion

General Chat Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The missing Sister - an RP opportunity

Go down 
+2
Kafira
Telless
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Telless

Telless

The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Empty
PostSubject: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:43 am

As the evening drew on, Telless gazed thoughtfully into her drink, ignoring the bustle around her. Families. You couldn't live with them, and you couldn't live without them. She looked again at the letter that the rogue had given her. It was concerning alright.

But this would be so COMPLICATED! She had to ensure her estranged sister was safe, but any hint that it was her extending the helping hand would... well, she knew her sister. It would be rejected out of turn. Even letting their old mentor know would be exceedingly risky - it would somehow get back to Tellandra she knew. Yet she did not have the funds to hire mercenaries.

Then she remembered. Her colleagues in the Exiles knew a little of her family background, and many were wealthy enough to need no financial reward. Perhaps some of them might be willing to assist. Could she rely on their discretion? It was a risk she had to take.

She gathered her thoughts, and focused her will to broadcast a message to the Exiles...

(ooc - I have a small 1-2 hour RP event written and pretty much ready to roll. Suitable for any small or large party level 35 - 70 (combat doesn't really feature though of course violence is always an option in WoW). Also could be simultaneously pursued by two or more groups competing to find Tellandra first. Reading Telless's application to the Exiles will give you more info on the background. Anyone interested in giving it a go?)
Back to top Go down
Kafira
Admin
Kafira

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 am

(( OOC This sounds really cool get one of the officers to make a note about it though in the guild message of the day because youd be surprised how few people come through this forum every day. - Will do IC bit later just tagging ))
Back to top Go down
Telless

Telless

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Telless realised that time might be running out for her sister. She would have to find valiant allies to seek her out by 4pm on Saturday. Would it be better to find one party who would work together, or various characters, who would work together or against each other as their character and personality allowed? Either, she decided. Even those of dubious character might suit her purpose, as long as they found out where she was and could ensure she was out of danger. Well, back in the level of danger that passes for normal in Azeroth, anyway. Whichever approach was most effective, and whoever she could convince to help.

(ooc - Telless will be seeking adventurers from 4pm SERVER time (that's 7.30pm my time) on Saturday. Come one come all! If you can sign below so I have some idea of numbers that would be great)
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin
Hiddenshadow

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 pm

/sign
Back to top Go down
https://exchat.forumotion.com
Banes

Banes

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Razenn is here, never fear!
Back to top Go down
Immith

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:44 pm

*signs her name on the list*

((It's RP, ofcourse I'll be there))
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Hopefully Leaf will be able to stumble in.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin
Hiddenshadow

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:00 pm

im gunna be a bit a late ive just woken up and have to sort a couple of things out ill try and catch up with your shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://exchat.forumotion.com
Telless

Telless

PostSubject: Thanks for an excellent few hours!   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:33 pm

OOC

Dear all,

Thanks for an excellent bit of RP, that was great fun! Its a shame GM'ing it as I'm sure I missed some of the best lines, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.

Particular thanks to:

Noctus, for being a scary Night elf causing chaos in the library - oo, he's not a people person is he!

Kilkenny for being such a charmer through and through. he does do well at taking a vulnerable girl under his wing!

Immith - a sensible gal, and a pretty smooth seductress! Also, she covered well when Hidden nearly blew it at the last moment!

Leaf - for the 'I didn't do nuffin' - Kharina's convinced it was you pinched the letter!

Hidden and Lev for being a very intimidating team to a corrupt blacksmith. Diggory had the scare of his life when his 'sure thing' suddenly ended up surrounded by lots of very fierce men! and most restrained when it came to the punch-up!

All feedback much appreciated, if anyone's up for setting up one with more than one NPC at a time, do let me know! Very Happy

Look forward to any narratives too!

Last edited by Telless on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Telless

Telless

PostSubject: Kharina's Tale   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:30 am

“Ah, yes, that was an eventful afternoon. Really, it had started a few days before, when I'd received a letter from a friend of mine who'd subsequently gone missing, but I digress. It started off all quiet. There I was, quietly getting on with my research in the Scryer Library, when this giant night elf suddenly appears behind me! Noctius, Noxious, something like that he was called. Anyway, I knew he was a bad sort right off. Suddenly starts threatening me. I knew he was in with the people who had kidnapped Tellandra. Maybe even part of the Syndicate! Do they have Night elves in the Syndicate?

I tried to ignore him, but he just kept on harassing me. I was getting all upset – I'd completely forgotten the spell I was working on – and I couldn't seem to shake him off, even with a few blinks. Indeed, I was thinking I'd have to teleport away to lose the nasty Nelf when, fortunately, a knight in shining armour turned up just at that moment, an absolutely charming fellow named Kilkenny. I was impressed - he stuck up for me when the Scryer Guards were just going about their business as usual. He faced off this Noxious character, and then – what a gent – he offered me a drink to recover. However, that wasn't the end of it, because just as we're settling down in the Scryer's Arms that damned elf is there again! Sitting at the end of my couch! I tell you, I feared for my life! That was it for me – I fled while Mr Kenny – he gave that elf what for. I tell you, he deserved it. Kidnapping our friend like that.

That's right. I met Mr Kenny later at the End of the World pub – he was so polite – and we were discussing who this elf could have been. Turns out that nice Mr Kenny was a former beau of my friend Tellandra, who just recently had written to say she was in trouble. Of course, Shattrath being Shattrath, some thief – I think it was a gnome called Leaf, I saw her later, loitering around that Adam Eternum and his friends who are always blocking up the steps to the upper tier – has stolen the letter, and my purse! (second time in a week! I tell you!)

Still, we were joined by some of Kenny's friends, a lovely lady called Immith and a shadowy fellow called Luthmann, and we realised that Tellandra and a Blacksmith I knew had disappeared from Southshore. Miss Immith thought that maybe Diggory – the blacksmith – had been turned into a werewolf. I'd never heard of such a thing, but she seemed to know about such things – kept going on about the darkness. Well, cut a story short, I did some checking in the Library and found some old book that mentioned a place called Pyrewood. Apparently, all the people there were cursed by some mage to change nightly into worgen! Well, we thought he must be there.

That nice Mr Kenny and his friends, well, they insisted on going to find out what happened to Tellandra. I couldn't go – I'm really more of a research mage – but they insisted.

They must have done a good job, because just a day later young Tellandra, looking pale and frightened, and with some terrible stories about our former friend Diggory, but other than that none the worse for wear, was back in Shattrath, hale and hearty, and thanking me for sending them after her. It all turned out rather well.

Hmm. I didn't get that nice Mr Kenny's contact address though. I don't suppose you'd know where he lives, would you?”

Last edited by Telless on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Telless

Telless

PostSubject: The Smith's Story   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:36 am

“Eh? You want to hear about that? Well, I suppose those thugs did cause rather a commotion in our little town. I tell you, scared the wits out of me it did.

I still don't really know how it happened – they cast spells on me you know – demonic ones! All I know is that I was working away in my smithy that afternoon when some chick turns up. Dee-vine she was! Really classy lady. She had some dragonling with her, so I took her for a mage of some sort. Anyway, she's asking around for a blacksmith, so of course, I leaps to the fore. I tell you, she smelled gorgeous. Appears she wants some dagger – I should have known it'd be for something nefarious – some ceremonial thing. Anyway, she suggests that we go 'someplace more comfy' to discuss it in detail.

Well, I'm never averse to a pretty woman's company – you know that – and so we head on down to the Altered Wolf for a drink. I was saying to Billy – you know Billy, he's the clueless moron that runs the place now – I was saying about this hot chick while I was getting the drinks. Anyway, she was getting real friendly – she seemed a bit lonely, which I can understand, and we were getting on very well. Even some Undead fellow – not Scourge, the other lot – causing trouble outside didn't distract her, we was just getting real friendly. Anyway, as usual the beer runs out too soon, and so we heads back to my place, just across the square.

I thought I was on to a sure thing, I really did. She... ooo, that perfume she had on. It was lovely. Probably enchanted now I think of it. Yes! That's it! She put a spell on me! Accursed warlocks – them's unholy they are. Anyway, we come out of the Wolf and immediately I notice things are a bit crowded in the town. There are a bunch of those Alliance types around, but not nice reliable humans like us, Elves and allsorts. There was this Dwarf - Leviathan he was called – and don't get me wrong, I normally like dwarves, I spent a long time in Ironforge you know, and its true that they make the very best beer in Azeroth – but this Leviathan was a wrong'un. I knew it from the start. Anyway, suddenly this cute chick is summoning demons of all things – She'd said she'd been in Outland, must have been one of them Burning Legion types – and a bunch of her mates is backing me into a corner. I didn't know what had happened!

Anyway, things got a bit scrambled then. They put some spells on me that made me spout out lies, but fortunately I was strong enough to break out of them, and I done a runner. I got to the back of the forge when this tall elf guy puts some root spell on me. I tell you, I couldn't move, and they are yelling at me, I thought I was a goner. Well, I wriggled my way out of that and I'm off again. I'd hoped the watchers would have helped but they all stayed well clear. I guess you can't blame them – this gang was POWERFUL, and there were lots of them... I'd say at least fifteen I was fighting... maybe twenty now I looks back on it. So I gets free again and head out of town, thinking I can hide out in the woods until this lot bugger off. No chance though – that Leviathan fellow – he bops me one on the noggin and I'm down.

Anyway, I have to say, I got lucky. The elf guy - he seems to be the leader, this Lev guy keeps calling him master, he just robs me – takes some papers and whatnot, nothing too valuable – and then they dump me, there on the road, right in front of the town. I dunno what they wanted, probably just some high level gang who enjoy scaring the life out of yer average honest blacksmith. I tell you, they scared the life out of me. The Alliance should do something about it, that's what I say. It's not right.

Oh, and by the way, if you hear any nonsense about any slave girl, just ignore it right. Anything with two legs an' hooves, well that's a demon in my book. Probably that warlock woman who summoned her in the first place. A man will say anything with those kind of spells in play.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The missing Sister - an RP opportunity   The missing Sister - an RP opportunity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The missing Sister - an RP opportunity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exiles Discussion :: Word on the Water :: General Chat-
Jump to: