Exiles Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiles Discussion

General Chat Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)

Go down 
+2
Hiddenshadow
Nomirou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nomirou

I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Empty
PostSubject: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey everyone, as you may or may not know, I've been playing my DK mainly these days, as I'm now in Icecrown questing and that's basically the last area, I want to get more involved, in dungeons (end lvl ones), heroics and possibly if anywhere I can fit in, raids Smile(although I know currently those are filled)

I am frost specced, tank and I'd like to think I've got my gear up to a decent level, I'm gonna get round to enchanting everything soon and what not.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Isshin
(I use this for tanking btw http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41816)

Take a look and apart from that, anyone still got any tips to improve maybe?

And well if ever you need a tank for an instance/heroic/raid gimme a shout and if it's not too late I'll even come Wink.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin
Hiddenshadow

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Your not ready for heroics yet.

Even with my gear I wont heal for a tank without 20k unbuffed life and crit immune (535 def), to tank pugs they are going to want you on 25k hps and 540 def or i imagine youll get kicked a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://exchat.forumotion.com
Nomirou

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 pm

Armory displays it wrong though, in frost presence I have 20k HP and about 21k armor (just though), but true enough I am not at the def cap. Farming argent crusade rep for the helmet enchant. And I'm looking to do Halls of Lightning for Loken's lovely trinket! Smile

Is 535 the def cap for DK's? Because over the past weeks I've heard 540, 550 and now then 535.
Back to top Go down
Hiddenshadow
Admin
Hiddenshadow

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:55 pm

I believe 535 is the cap for heroics.
Back to top Go down
https://exchat.forumotion.com
Dladian

Dladian

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:43 pm

535 is cap against level 82 mob, which is effectively heroics cap - heroic bosses are 82.
540 is cap for raid boss tanking, because raid bosses counts as 83 mobs.
Back to top Go down
Nomirou

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks, good to know. I'll get round to farming rep/gaining items asap then! I'll bump this again in time when I have gained some additional gear/stats.
Back to top Go down
Nopio/Palos

Nopio/Palos

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Dont Dual Wield, Big mistake! It gimps your threat, also everytime you get parried the mobs swing timer is reduced so the next hit will come faster get a few parries in a row coupled with the fact you aren't crit immune and you will go splat very quickly.

Also Flask of Lesser Toughness can help become crit immune (-0.67%). (note: Resilence doesn't remove the critical hit the same way defence does, the crits become normal hits instead where as defence removes them completely they become misses.

Also you may find reading this post handy:http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t36998-dk_tanking_discussion/

EDIT: Get some professions as well, they are too powerful not to have.
Back to top Go down
Nomirou

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:59 pm

I know I did read that EJ post and refer to that from time to time, the DW thing was just me messing around, like I said in the original post whenever I instance tank I swap to that axe untill I find a better option, although from what I gather is the Argent Crusade 2h mace pretty good.

My druid can craft those elixirs, should get her to make me some then.

As for proffs, I would but I have no idea which 2 I would benefit most from.
Then again never really actively thought about it.
Back to top Go down
Dladian

Dladian

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Nopio/Palos wrote:
Resilence doesn't remove the critical hit the same way defence does, the crits become normal hits instead where as defence removes them completely they become misses
While in the end of the day it is correct, the way you spelled it lead to misunderstanding.

Defense and resilience do remove crits in exactly same way - reducing chance to be crit untill the critical hit is completely off the attack table.

However, beside reducing chance to be crit, defence also increase your chance to dodge, parry, block and to be missed, when resilience only affect crit (But you need less resilience to became crit immune, in turn)

It happened, that amount by which your chance to be crit is decreased is same as your other stats increases (including chance to be missed). If some defence reduces your chance to be crit by 1%, then it also increase dodge by 1 % and _chance to be missed_ by 1%. So you can possibly see this as crits becoming misses. However it is just a coincidence, that chance to be missed is increased by same value. It could easly be different.

The common misconception about "a normal hit that would be crit if not resilience" comes from some talents and abilities that should only proc from crits, but in fact are also proccing from normal hits if you have resilience.
The reason to this, however, is that in order to compensate for reduced crit chance, when you have resilience, those abilities get some chance to proc on normal hit as well, simple as it is. There is not backtracing "would be crit if not...". There was some blue post about it - those abilities simply get the chance to proc on normal hit, the exact % per hit is dependant on the amount of resilience you have
Back to top Go down
Nopio/Palos

Nopio/Palos

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 pm

I knew you would pick me up on something like that D Razz
Back to top Go down
Hasdor

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Ye in my opinion i would go for a 2h weapon with 100 stamina or more, my DK uses demise from 10 man naxx, and dont wory either cos next patch we get a weapon enchant giving us 2% increased stamina and 20 solid defence which is sweet. I wouldn't go frost unless u defenatly know u will be main tanking bosses or the odd add, but i tend to go for unholy, more efficient and good for single/aoe tanking and nice dps at the same time.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Banes

Banes

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:55 am

Frost R Way forward
Cool touch for tanking ..

GET IT? COOL touch... hahahahha Cool? Like cold? Yea...
My talents wasted on you... Sad
Back to top Go down
Nopio/Palos

Nopio/Palos

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Hasdor wrote:
Ye in my opinion i would go for a 2h weapon with 100 stamina or more, my DK uses demise from 10 man naxx, and dont wory either cos next patch we get a weapon enchant giving us 2% increased stamina and 20 solid defence which is sweet. I wouldn't go frost unless u defenatly know u will be main tanking bosses or the odd add, but i tend to go for unholy, more efficient and good for single/aoe tanking and nice dps at the same time.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

As long as you are aware of the unholy DK stacking issues due to ebon plague. A boss cannot have more than one copy of ebon plague on it therefore it gimps dps from having multiple unholy dk's in the raid. one way around this is to not take ebon plague instead take crypt fever and not spend the extra point.
As of next patch this is being made worst apparently due to the fact you cannot do this therefore having more than one unholy dk gimps dps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)   I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wanna involve myself more again with the guild! :)
Page 1 of 1